WRITING FOR LATE NIGHT COMEDY ONLINE
Course Dates & Times
(Start) Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
(End) Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
Workshop Day/Time: Wednesdays, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
This course will meet 10 times over an eleven-week period. Class will not meet the week of Thanksgiving.
Class Size & Technical Requirements
Workshops are limited to 12 students each. In order to participate in the Professional Program in Screenwriting Online, you'll need the following items:
- A computer that is no more than four years old.
- Direct High-Speed Internet Access. Students may not use wi-fi.
- Internet browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari) to connect to Skype.
- A web cam.
Please note: This program may not be taken on an iPad or tablet computer
Application Requirements & Deadlines
Students must be 21 years or older to participate in this workshop.
This class is limited to 12 students.
Application deadline: September 16, 2019.
Please read the application instructions carefully. Consideration will be given as to whether or not the applicant follows these instructions.
Applicants to Writing for Late Night Comedy must submit a completed application form by clicking the Start Application button below. Applications will not be accepted via email.
Before clicking the Start Application button, please have the following ready to upload:
- Writing Sample Please submit three Thank You Notes. (Google "Jimmy Fallon Thank You Notes" for a video example.) Make sure to match the voice of the show for the first two Thank You Notes. Then feel free to use whatever voice you like for your third.
- Statement of Purpose
Your Statement of Purpose is simply a paragraph or two in which we'd like you to tell us a little about yourself, your comedy writing experience and goals.
- Undergraduate Bachelor's Transcript or Copy of Degree Certificate or DegreeVerify Certificate from National Student Clearinghouse
Although we do not take college grades into consideration, we require proof that an undergraduate Bachelor's degree, in any field, has been conferred. Please provide a copy of your degree certificate. A photo is fine. NOTE: Professional Programs current students and alumni do not need to resubmit their transcripts.
Be sure to sign the Professional Programs Policies on the application page, or your application cannot be considered.
Click Start Application to apply for this workshop.
If you are accepted into the workshop, you will be contacted with instructions on how to pay your tuition.
Tuition must be paid in full to hold your spot in the workshop.
We accept money orders, cashier’s checks, and payments via credit card. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover. We do not accept personal checks. Cashier’s checks and money orders must be made payable to UC REGENTS.
REFUND POLICY AND SCHEDULE
Requests to withdraw from the course and to receive a refund must be received in writing by the UCLA Professional Programs office (email is okay). There are no full refunds.
- 80% refund before first class meeting
- 50% refund before second class meeting
- 0% after second class meeting